REMINDER: GoCarma smartphone app will replace Drive On TEXpress on January 24, 2020. To prepare for the switch to GoCarma, you can pre-register now at GoCarma.com/dfw to receive your invite and all the latest updates prior to launch.
- Until January 24, 2020 at 6:30 p.m., you must continue to use the Drive On TEXpress app to qualify for HOV toll discounts (please refer to the HOV Qualifications and Activation info below)
- Starting January 24, 2020 at 6:30 p.m., you must switch to using GoCarma to qualify for HOV toll discounts. Pre-register today and you'll get an invite to get setup before launch.
To qualify for the HOV 2+ discount, you first must:
Getting the HOV Discount
To receive the HOV 2+ discount:
- There must be at least two people in the vehicle, such as a driver and a passenger (motorcycles do not require a rider).
- The trip must be taken during weekday rush-hour periods, Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Your TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG account must be valid and cannot fall into a negative balance.
- Your TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG must be properly mounted on your vehicle's windshield—including motorcycles—for our scanners to read them.
If your account is not valid:
- Your TEXpress Lanes use will automatically be converted to ZipCash billing.
- You will be invoiced via mail at the higher ZipCash rate (approximately 50% higher than the base toll rate).
Activating the HOV Discount
- You will need to activate your HOV status for the desired HOV periods via www.DriveOnTEXpress.com or the mobile app before entering the TEXpress Lanes, otherwise you will be charged the price posted for single occupancy drivers.
- Use the instant HOV or convenient voice activation (app only) features at least 15 minutes before using the TEXpress Lanes.
- Schedule your HOV activation(s) for up to 7 days in advance.
HOV Discount Exemption Times & Dates
HOV discounts are not available during non-rush hour weekday periods or on the weekends.